Friday, March 8, 2013

FRUIT OF OUR LIPS



7 They shall return
and dwell beneath my shadow, 
they shall flourish as a garden;
they shall blossom as the vine, 
their fragrance shall be
like the wine of Lebanon.




2 Take with you words and return to the LORD; say to him, "Take away all iniquity; accept that which is good and we will render the fruit of our lips.




8 O E'phraim, what have I to do with idols
It is I who answer and look after you. 
I am like an evergreen cypress, 
from me comes your fruit.





3 Assyria shall not save us, we will not ride upon horses; and we will say no more, `Our God,' to the work of our hands. In thee the orphan finds mercy."


4 I will heal their faithlessness; I will love them freely, 
for my anger has turned from them. 
5 I will be as the dew to Israel; he shall blossom as the lily, 
he shall strike root as the poplar; his shoots shall spread out; 
his beauty shall be like the olive, and his fragrance like Lebanon.


9 Whoever is wise, let him understand these things; whoever is discerning, let him know them; for the ways of the LORD are right, and the upright walk in them, but transgressors stumble in them.

-- Hosea 14: 2 - 10


IDOLS

"The Lord our God, the Lord is one; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength." (Mark 12:29-30)

There shall be no strange god among you; you shall not bow down to a foreign god. I am the LORD your God, who brought you up. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. (Psalm 81:9-10)


ANSWER

In distress you called, and I delivered you; I answered you in the secret place; I tested you. (Psalm 81:7)

I relieved your shoulder of the burden; your hands were freed from the basket (Psalm 81:6).