Thursday, November 16, 2023

Meditate on God's Word and Observe Them

Your word, O Lord, endures forever; it is firm as the heavens. 
Through all generations Your truth endures; 
You have established the earth, and it stands firm. 
According to Your ordinances they still stand firm: 
all things serve You.
PSALM 119:89-91


Meditating on God’s Word and observing them is a practice that many people find brings them closer to their faith. It involves spending time reading and reflecting on religious texts, seeking to understand and internalize the teachings, and then applying them in daily life. 

This practice can bring a sense of peace, wisdom, and guidance. However, the interpretation and application of religious texts can vary greatly among individuals and communities. It’s always a good idea to seek guidance from trusted religious leaders or scholars if you have questions or concerns. Remember, the journey of faith is a personal one, and it’s important to find the path that resonates with you.

This is a verse from the Book of Psalms, which is a collection of sacred songs and prayers in the Hebrew Bible. It is part of Psalm 119, which is the longest psalm and a meditation on the value and beauty of God’s law. The verse expresses the faith and awe of the psalmist, who recognizes that God’s laws are eternal and sovereign, and that all things in creation are subject to His will and serve His purpose. The verse also implies that the psalmist is committed to obeying God’s laws and serving Him as well

The phrase “According to Your ordinances they still stand firm: all things serve You.” is a verse from the Responsorial Psalm in the Catholic liturgy123. It expresses the belief that all things in the universe abide by God’s laws and serve His purposes. This verse is often recited in response to a reading from the scriptures during a Catholic Mass. It’s a way of affirming faith in God’s order and purpose in the world. (Microsoft Bing)


Father in heaven, Your command has made me wiser than my enemies, for it is ever with me. How I love Your law, O Lord! It is my meditation all the day. 

As I begin another fruitful day of work, may Your word always be my guiding light making me wiser to truly understand everything that is happening. Please forgive me for all my wrongful doings and disobedience. Hold me close to Your heart of love so that I may live clean and free from sin. Keep me away from any form of harm by protecting me at all times. Give me Your wisdom and hands to accomplish all Your works. From Your ordinances I turn not away, for You have instructed me.

Your word is my true wealth, treasure, and nourishment. I can never substitute them for any material thing in this world for such things are just temporary. You word lives in me forever, that I can take and delight upon in all of eternity. Not only did it changed my view and outlook in life, it completely changed and overhauled my way of life. I no longer look upon myself but only You who makes all things possible for me. 

In a special way, I pray for all Your people who are still caught up in delighting with materials things rather than finding great joy in receiving Your word meant for them each day. Open their hearts and minds to the truth that without You, their lives will be meaningless. Give them joy you have given me in finding delight upon Your words.

With much love, praise, and thanksgiving, I humbly ask and pray for all these in Jesus Name. Amen.




Pericope:
Fifth Book of Psalms 107-150
A PRAYER TO GOD, THE LAWGIVER
Psalm 119:1-176